Calcium is a critical element in the formation of plant cell walls. That is why adequate levels of available calcium help provide a strong turf that can stand up to heavy play and mechanical damage. Unfortunately, plant tissue can easily become calcium deficient, even in soils with adequate calcium levels.
Quelant-Ca is formulated with a balanced proportion of calcium and free amino acids to aid in the prompt absorption within the plant. With Quelant-Ca in your fertility program, you can quickly correct and maintain the calcium levels in your turf, even during times of plant stress.
- Delivers 5.7% calcium combined with Macro-Sorb’s advanced L-amino acids for maximum spray application effectiveness. Learn more about L-amino acids.
- Readily available calcium is easily absorbed by leaves and roots
- Improves photosynthesis, which increases tolerance to disease and environmental stress
- Pharmaceutical grade manufacturing process guarantees consistent ratios of L-amino acids. Learn more about the manufacturing process.
- Prevents and controls calcium deficiency to maintain leaf turgidity and quality
- Tank mix compatible with all normally-used agrochemical products
- Fortified with boron to maximize calcium utilization by the plant. Learn more about the technology.
Apply 1–2 oz. per 1,000 sq. ft. every 7–14 days or 3 oz. per 1,000 sq. ft. when needed to correct calcium deficiency. Increase rate and irrigation water when treating unfavorable soil conditions, but do not exceed 8 oz. per 1,000 sq. ft. per application.